Hybrid EM_RFID V5 Self Loan Station
The hybrid EM/RFID V5 Self Loan Station is a state-of-the art loan station designed to look amazing in any library environment.
Here’s how a typical borrowing workflow would look:
- The patron scans their membership card
- They select “Borrow Items”
- They place the item on the reader pad.
- The items are displayed by title as correctly checked out with a green “tick” mark next to them
- With a portrait-oriented 23” touchscreen it allows the display of multiple items without the requirement to scroll up or down.
- The V5 Self Loan Station features an LED halo that can be lit in your corporate colour. You can even light each loan station in a different colour to match it to different areas of the library. Alternatively, the halo surrounding the touchscreen can have an industrial-grade vinyl “skin” designed in the library or Council’s logos and colours.
- The V5 can be installed back to back, mounted on a wall, or the leg removed so it can be simply placed on a benchtop. There is also a height-adjustable version available that allows you to set the height of the Self Loan Station via a telescopic pedestal built into the leg of the unit.
- The LED will light up in a contrasting colour at the top of the unit to alert staff to operating conditions that need attentions, such as receipt paper out or offline functionality.
- Optional integrated payment systems including bank account, stored value cards and coin/note acceptor.
- Features EM desensitiser integrated into workflow.
- For barcoded non-RFID items, patrons are instructed to place the item against the scanner with the barcode facing up and the spine of the items facing to the right. This allows the barcode to be scanned and the item checked out, plus the security strip in the spine in the book is deactivated.
- The portrait-oriented screen will display a list of up to 20 items, as they are checked out.
- Items that have been successfully issued will have a green tick beside them. Those with a red error beside them indicate that the item has not been issued. Pressing the error button will provide more details on why the item was not issued.
V5 hybrid DVD unlocker
Also available is a hybrid DVD unlocker that unlocks both RFID and EM DVD items and is fully integrated with the software of the Self Loan Station.